COVID-19 TESTING January 2022 Update
Is it Flu or is it COVID is an increasingly common question? Here at DocTalker we now have the availability to send off a combination COVID PCR/ Influenza A&B test to the lab. This may be covered by your insurance. This can give you peace of mind as to the possible cause of your symptoms.
COVID-19 TESTING December 2021 Update
School, work, travel... Whatever the reason you or someone you know needs #covid19testing contact DocTalker. DFM can provide Rapid or PCR tests curbside at our office. If it's during office hours we can typically schedule you for the same day! 703-938-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered patients can also request via the patient portal login here: https://doctalker.md-hq.com/
COVID-19 Resource Links:
Fairfax registration status link:
Fairfax registration link:
Article Fairfax not participating in state wide effort:
Preregistration page: for anyone and everyone outside Fairfax county
VA registration status checker:
January 17, 2021. We have received numerous calls and E-mails regarding COVID-19 vaccines, at present there is a lot of confusion. DocTalker Family Medicine will continue to update our patients as the information is released.
Groups 1a and 1b are now designated as appropriate to get the Covid-19 vaccine at this time in Fairfax County. This includes healthcare workers, some essential services groups and everyone 75 and older. To see if you qualify to get the vaccine yet… https://vdh.jebbit.com/amkwk6m1...
Prioritization of who gets the Covid-19 vaccine varies from state to state, even county to county. Currently about the only public access to the vaccine in Virginia is through your County Department of Health.
Not surprisingly, the rolling out of a limited supply of very valuable vaccines has had it's confusions. Assuredly the process will get smoother, more efficient, and supply will increase so patience is still needed.
If you do qualify for the vaccine now you can set up an appointment with Fairfax County Health Department
We recommend checking your local county government and state government websites for the most up to date information.
DocTalker Family Medicine hopes to administer vaccines soon, we will notify our patients as soon as we have more information.
The health and well-being of our patients and staff remain the highest priority for DocTalker Family Medicine. Please be aware we have put the following protocols and safety guidlelines in place:
1. DocTalker Family Medicine has upgraded our office HVAC filtration system to meet the highest standard possible. Furthermore, we have 3 Blue PURE 211+ HEPA Air Purifiers placed throughout our facility. .
2. Everyone is screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors as they enter our building, including the DocTalker staff. We ask staff and/or patients not to come in if exhibiting signs or symptoms related to COVID-19. Our front door is now locked in order to limit traffic inside the office and ensure everyone is screened, patients with appointments are to call 703-938-4600 for entry.
3. All DocTalker staff members and patients must wear masks. If you do not have a mask, we have a selection of adult and child fitted masks for purchase.
5. Surfaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Our exam, procedure, and treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected frequently, including before and after each patient.
6. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is always available in addition to sinks for hand-washing.
6. Curbside testing and flu-shots are available upon request. Staff wear the appropriate personal protective equipment for your safety and theirs. Please pre-book your appointment with us via one of our many contact methods!