March 10, 2021
The DocTalker Family Medicine team is continuously monitoring the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation. Our dedicated team of experts is up-to-date on developments; as well as Federal, State, local counties, and CDC guidelines. DocTalker has developed a comprehensive response plan to maintain the safety and well-being of our community, and will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.
Our office registered to administer the COVID-19 vaccine; however due to the nationwide vaccine shortage it may be several weeks before primary care physician offices will become involved in the process. As soon as we receive notice, we will notify our patients with further details of the future procedures. In the meantime, please visit Fairfax County Health Department or the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) websites:
https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/ to learn more about the vaccine and the vaccine priority groups.
COVID-19 and Vaccinations Update February 18th, 2021.
For residents of Fairfax County compared to those living elsewhere in the Virginia, here is what you need to know
The Fairfax County Vaccination Program will remain separate from the rest of the State of Virginia.
~Fairfax residents should continue using the registration system already in place with the Fairfax County Department of Health.
~For those already on the waitlist, do not register again on the new statewide system.
- Details can be found here.https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus/vaccine/registration \
*All other Virginia Residents can register and find more information at: https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/
Currently selected CVS and Walgreens locations in Virginia are/ will be offering vaccinations as part of the federal pharmacy efforts. This requires registering and booking an appointment through the pharmacy online here:
DocTalker Family Medicine is hopeful to be able to offer the vaccine but not for the foreseeable future. DFM continues to offer RAPID and PCR Covid-19 curbside testing; as well as the SARS-CoV2 Antibodies test.
Fairfax registration status link:
Fairfax registration link:
Article Fairfax not participating in state wide effort:
Preregistration page: for anyone and everyone outside Fairfax county
VA registration status checker:
COVID-19 Resource Links:
January 17, 2021. We have received numerous calls and E-mails regarding COVID-19 vaccines, at present there is a lot of confusion. DocTalker Family Medicine will continue to update our patients as the information is released.
Groups 1a and 1b are now designated as appropriate to get the Covid-19 vaccine at this time in Fairfax County. This includes healthcare workers, some essential services groups and everyone 75 and older. To see if you qualify to get the vaccine yet… https://vdh.jebbit.com/amkwk6m1...
Prioritization of who gets the Covid-19 vaccine varies from state to state, even county to county. Currently about the only public access to the vaccine in Virginia is through your County Department of Health.
Not surprisingly, the rolling out of a limited supply of very valuable vaccines has had it's confusions. Assuredly the process will get smoother, more efficient, and supply will increase so patience is still needed.
If you do qualify for the vaccine now you can set up an appointment with Fairfax County Health Department
We recommend checking your local county government and state government websites for the most up to date information.
DocTalker Family Medicine hopes to administer vaccines soon, we will notify our patients as soon as we have more information.
@ DocTalker Family Medicine
December 11, 2020. DocTalker is happy to announce that we now have the rapid Covid test that can produce results in 15 minutes. We use the BD Veritor plus system test (link). https://www.bd.com/en-us/offerings/capabilities/microbiology-solutions/point-of-care-testing/bd-veritor-plus-system-for-rapid-covid-19-sars-cov-2-testing
The rapid test is approved for people who have COVID-19 symptoms within the first 5 days and is NOT the preferred method of testing for screening asymptomatic people such as needing confirmation prior to flying.
We also do the molecular tests (also called PCR tests, viral RNA tests, nucleic acid tests) which are sent to the lab and usually take <72 hours to return the result. This is the most accurate test and also the one required prior to flying or having a medical procedure.
If you think you need / want testing we can help you decide which test is right for you.
#1 MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW...
DocTalker medical team is here
for you via Phone/Email/Secure Portal & House Calls Whenever
you need us:
24 hours a day/7 days a week
The office is OPEN for regular business hours. To help manage the number of people inside our door is now locked for everyone’s safety. Simply call 703-938-4600 and we will help!
The health and well-being of our patients and staff remain the highest priority for DocTalker Family Medicine. Please be aware we have put the following protocols and safety guidlelines in place:
1. DocTalker Family Medicine has upgraded our office HVAC filtration system to meet the highest standard possible. Furthermore, we have 3 Blue PURE 211+ HEPA Air Purifiers placed throughout our facility. .
2. Everyone is screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors as they enter our building, including the DocTalker staff. We ask staff and/or patients not to come in if exhibiting signs or symptoms related to COVID-19. Our front door is now locked in order to limit traffic inside the office and ensure everyone is screened, patients with appointments are to call 703-938-4600 for entry.
3. All DocTalker staff members and patients must wear masks. If you do not have a mask, we have a selection of adult and child fitted masks for purchase.
5. Surfaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Our exam, procedure, and treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected frequently, including before and after each patient.
6. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is always available in addition to sinks for hand-washing.
6. Curbside testing and flu-shots are available upon request. Staff wear the appropriate personal protective equipment for your safety and theirs. Please pre-book your appointment with us via one of our many contact methods!